Recruit, hire, train and help retain qualified staff for Tribal Government operations. As well as provide personnel services that meet departmental needs in a manner consistent with North Fork Rancheria priorities and Native Preference goals.
Those applying for all positions must possess a valid California Driver's License and successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background investigation. All applicants must have the ability to work with people from diverse cultures, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds and must always maintain cultural sensitivity. Indian Preference applies to those who are qualified. Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace. All employment is “at-will”.
For an Application Package, open the below job description and download the 3 documents at the end of the Job Post, or email Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org , or contact NFR Administrative Offices at (559) 877-2461.
Human Resources Manager
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$42,053 - $60,543
- Posted Date:10/17/2019
Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Salary Scale: $42,053 - $60,543 (GS 7-8 / 2019 RUS)
Department: Tribal Government
Reports To: Chief Administrative Officer
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Under the direction of Tribal Council (TC) the Human Resource will perform a high level of complex and confidential personnel functions. The Human Resource Manager collaterally oversees the day to day administrative operations of the government office and under the direction of TC, creates, recommends and ensures efficient and effective personnel and office procedures. The person appointed to the Human Resource Manager classification is an “at will” employee.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform personnel related clerical operation of the Tribal government office.
- Write, type and proof correspondence, memoranda, procedural documents and reports.
- Effectively communicate with staff, vendors, and Tribal citizens.
- Handle Workers’ Comp claims and act as the Tribe’s interface with the insurance provider.
- Maintain employee personnel files, active and archived, and update as necessary.
- Track and notify managers of review dates and provide documentation for employee evaluations.
- Write or update job descriptions and maintain a job description database as needed.
- Perform salary surveys to compare wages against government salary structure.
- Send out flyers on open positions to Tribal citizens.
- Oversee the entire recruitment cycle in coordination with Hiring Managers and Tribal Council i.e. advertisements, applications, reviews, interviews, selection and hiring.
- Maintain employee/committee/board database.
- Coordinate New Hire and Termination actions with IT for equipment and network access.
- Recommend and update Personnel Policies & Procedures and the Administrative Department Procedural Manual as needed.
- Perform other North Fork Rancheria duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Excellent written and oral communications required. Knowledge of modern office practices, methods, procedures and use of Microsoft Office software.
• Must be able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
• Knowledge of basic supervisory and leadership techniques.
• Knowledge of business correspondence and protocol.
• Knowledge of employment policies and procedures development and implementation.
• Ability to make significant recommendations to increase productivity.
• Ability to analyze complex/confidential personnel issues and recommend viable solutions.
• Ability to adhere to the confidentiality and code of conduct requirements.
• Ability to plan and coordinate complex administrative projects and delegate tasks as needed.
• Ability to analyze, interpret and apply Tribal, Federal and state employment policies and regulations.
• Ability to maintain objectivity in all business and confidential matters.
• Ability to maintain a pleasant, positive, and professional demeanor while working with other employees, Tribal Council, Tribal citizens and the public.
• Experience Safety Program development and implementation.
• Experience in developing Job Descriptions.
• Experience in developing and maintaining employment related data bases.
The individual must possess a valid California Driver’s License and must be capable of passing a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background investigation. The individual must have the ability to work with people from diverse cultures, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds and possess a basic knowledge of Native American communities and cultural sensitivity. Indian Preference applies to those who are qualified.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
An Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university and 2 years work experience in human resources
4 years work experience that has allowed the applicant to demonstrate a high level of competency in human
resources management and administration.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk and hear. The
employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands, fingers, to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and
reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderately quiet.