Job Title: Nim Nobe General Store Clerk Floater
Salary Scale: $15.50 per Hour
Department: NFR General Store
Status: Non-exempt, Hourly, Part-time/Floater
Reports To: General Store Manager
Prepared: July 18, 2018
Under direct supervision of the General Store Manager, the General Store Clerk will be responsible for assisting customers in completing purchase transactions, sales assistance, and inventory while maintaining customer service excellence.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Must be courteous and work with the public well.
- Operate cash register, monitor cash sales, scan items for sale, and collect payments.
- Responsible for cash management, daily records, including cash register balancing before and after shifts.
- Perform voids, refunds, and no sales under supervision of the General Store Manager, CAO, and CFO.
- Stocks supplies and merchandise as necessary, including inventory; oversees delivery and/or installation of items as necessary.
- Handle customer complaints when appropriate or elevates to manager level.
- Ensures compliance to General Store’s Federal policies regarding sales of tobacco.
- Shares in the responsibility of maintaining and cleaning the store, inside and out for customers.
- Pays immediate attention to any spills or other hazardous conditions.
- Responsible for opening and closing the store in a timely manner.
- Responsible for safeguarding the General Store’s assets unless physical safety is in jeopardy.
- Works shifts as needed, including weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Good customer relations.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to check proper identifications.
Ability to carry out instructions verbally or in written format.
Money handling, basic mathematics, and the ability to account for a variety of products during vendor check-in.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Related work experience demonstrating the knowledge and abilities described in the essential job functions; and a high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
The individual must be able to respect and adhere to the most rigid and strict rules of employer/tribal citizen/public citizen practice of confidentiality. Violation of this major employment requirement could lead to immediate dismissal.
Individual must be a minimum of 18 years of age, possess and maintain a valid California Driver’s License, and must be capable of passing a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background investigation. The individual must have the ability to work with people from diverse cultures, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds and possess a basic knowledge of Native American communities and always maintain cultural sensitivity. Indian Preference applies to those who are qualified.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires standing, walking, climbing stairs, and manual dexterity. Requires lifting and carrying materials weighing twenty-five pounds or more.
NFR complies with the Indian Preference Act. Preference in hiring is given to qualified Native Americans in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, US Code, Section 472 and 473). Subject to, but not in derivation of the Act, we are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com